For a change from classic salads, there’s nothing like a trip to the rising sun. With its fresh and fragrant ingredients, this multicolored salad with its Asian influences brings you relief and a Jazzy side for vitaminized dishes!
For 2 people
- 12-14 prawns (cooked shrimp tails or raw unpeeled prawns)
- 1/2 ripe but firm mango
- 1 ripe tomato
- 1 red onion
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro
- 1 small ripe avocado
- A few mint leaves
- A stalk of young onion
- Coriander branches (stripped of their leaves). Keep them to add them to the salad.
- The juice of a whole lime
1 heaped tablespoon of light sugar
- 1 chilli
- 2 tablespoons of “Nuoc Nam” fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 small cloves of garlic
Stages of realization:
1. Cut the avocado in 2, pit it then peel it and cut the flesh into strips. Drizzle them with lemon juice. Peel and cut the red onion in half and cut it into thin slices.
2. Peel the mango and cut it into cubes. Take care to cook them very lightly 1-2 min max in boiling water. Shell the shrimp.
3. For the dressing, combine all the chopped solid elements in the mortar and pound to make a puree. Then add the nuoc nam sauce and the squeezed lime juice. Mix everything to form a homogeneous mixture.
3. Gather the shrimp, diced mango and avocado slices in a salad bowl. Add the dressing and mix.
4. Then add the coriander leaves, and mix again.
5. Divide the plates. Decorate with a few mint leaves and a few young bevelled onions.