Vegetarian, Vegan, lactose-free
Imagine a piece of baklava, light and buttery, melting in your mouth…
This recipe – an easier and lighter version of this classic dessert, with less sugar and less butter – will take you to the depths of the Orient in the most crispy and delicious way! Even if you don’t love baklava, you’ll love this recipe!
Baking time: 30-35 minutes
35-35 minutes – 35-35 minutes – 35-35 minutes
200g butter or oil
200g grated walnut or hazelnut or pistachio
For the syrup
1 slice of lemon
1. Pour all the ingredients for the syrup into a saucepan and boil for 5 minutes from the moment it starts to bubble. Set aside to cool.
2. Melt the butter and butter a baking tray.
3. Take a sheet of pastry and place it so that the small side is in front of you and butter it.
4. Place 2 more sheets on top of it, buttering in between.
5. Put 2 tablespoons of walnut and gently layer it to create a strip of equal thickness along the length of the sheet
6. Roll into a roll neither too tight nor too loose.
7. Place the roll on the baking sheet and repeat until the sheets are finished.
8. Cut the pastry into pieces and brush with olive oil.
9. Bake at 170 for 30-35 minutes or until a nice golden colour
10. Remove the cake from the oven and immediately pour the warm syrup over it.
11. Allow to cool at room temperature for at least 2 hours