This dessert has its roots in Italy and its original name is Pasta Frola. It is usually made with marmalade to contrast the sour taste of it with the sweet taste of the tart. It is an easy and very tasty dessert that you will definitely love!
Time: 10 min
Bake: 30 min
90 g sugar
230 g vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
20 g liquer
90 g orange juice
500 g self-raise flour
500 g marmalade or jam
- Preheat the oven to 170 C
- In a large bowl, pour the sugar and oil and mix a little with a whisk or by hand.
- Add vanilla brandy and orange juice and mix to homogenize the mixture.
- Add the flour and mix until a fluffy dough is formed that does not stick to the hands.
- Put on a grease paper and roll with the rolling pin to a thickness of about 1cm.
- Place it in your pan by turning the grease paper upside down over the pan.
- Fix the edges with your hands and cut off the excess with a knife.
- Pour the marmalade and spread it everywhere.
- You can roll the excess dough again with the rolling pin and cut it into strips or with a cutter in whatever shape you want and put it on top of the jam.
- Bake for 30 minutes until it gets a nice golden color.
Tip 1: Because the dough has enough oil, the pan does not need to be oiled before you put your dough in it.
Tip 2: If there is more dough left at the end you can make cookies and bake them about 20 min.