Looking for a quick and delicious recipe? A recipe to warm you up on cold winter days? So my proposal is a roasted pumpkin soup! Prepare it for your loved ones, they will certainly love it.
The secret lies in baking the pumpkin in the oven with a little olive oil and spices until the flesh is very tender. This cooking method gives the squash a lot of flavor, and you won’t even need to use cream for the soup!
- Preparation time: 30 mins
- Cooking time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 mins
- Nb. number of people: 4-6 bowls
- 1 kg of pumpkin (or other squash of your choice), cut into wedges
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cilantro seeds
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 carrots, cut into rings
- 1 stalk of celery, cut into rings
- 1 liter of broth
- 150g bacon slices
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Cut the squash in half, remove the seeds and cut it into large wedges.
- Place the squash quarters on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and cover with a drizzle of olive oil. Sprinkle with spices, add the garlic, salt and pepper.
- Roast the squash in the oven for 1 hour, or until tender and lightly caramelized around the edges.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan and add the vegetables cut into pieces. Cook for 15-20 minutes over medium heat, until the vegetables are tender.
- When the squash quarters are well roasted, remove them from the oven and add them to the pot with the broth. Continue cooking for a good 5 more minutes.
- Mix everything using an electric mixer, adding a little water according to the desired consistency.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, place the bacon slices and brush them with maple syrup on both sides. Grill them in the oven for 5-8 minutes, watching carefully to prevent them from burning.
- Pour the soup into bowls, then serve with the candied bacon chips.
HAVE YOU MADE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @mdmcourgette on Instagram and put the hashtag # madame_courgette!