A tasty recipe for pea soup with mint and coconut milk ! A must-try for lovers of green and vegan cuisine…
Ingredients for 4 people
For the pea, mint and coconut milk soup recipe, we need :
- 750gr frozen peas
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- 250 ml coconut milk
- olive oil
- A few sprigs
- Fresh mint
- A few turns of the pepper mill (to your liking)
- 5 ml of fish sauce
How to make it:
1. First, wash, dry and remove the leaves from the mint.
2.Pour the stock into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
3. When it boils, lower the heat and add the peas and chopped mint. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes. Drain the peas, reserving the cooking stock. Keep two tablespoons of peas aside.
4.Put the remaining peas in a blender and blend on high, adding the stock a little at a time, until you have a smooth, thick soup. It may not be necessary to add all the stock depending on the consistency you want.
5. Transfer the soup to a saucepan. Place on a low heat and stir in the coconut milk and fish sauce (this will develop the flavours and add salt to the mixture).
6. Divide the soup between bowls, add the reserved peas, drizzle with olive oil and serve immediately.